From Aneros Wiki
Prostate - A Healthier Prostate = Increased Sexual Performance
- The medically researched, designed, and patented Aneros was originally created to allow men to safely and effectively massage the prostate, relieve congested prostate fluid, and promote general prostate health. It is precisely anatomically tailored to the male body - every curve of the Aneros serves to provide the best prostate massage possible. When inserted, the Aneros is drawn directly towards the prostate. The man contracts and relaxes the anal-sphincter muscle, causing the Aneros to move on its own, directly massaging both the prostate and perineum. Through practice, relaxation, and an open mind, a man can use the Aneros to teach himself to experience a completely new type of orgasm.
- At its roots, the Aneros promotes prostate health by increasing blood flow and relieving congestion in the prostate area. The importance of the prostate in sexual functioning has long been recognized but it's only recently that the western world has begun to actively promote healthy prostate massage as a means of maintaining and improving a man's sexuality and as a treatment for such common problems as erectile dysfunction. Dr. Anthony G. Payne cites the Aneros lineup of prostate massagers as an aid to treating erectile dysfunction in his article Improving Male Sexual Responsiveness & Performance. A healthier prostate means better sex.
- Increasingly, modern western medical practice is coming to understand and adopt some of the holistic practices of ancient oriental medicine such as acupuncture and reviving some older traditional medical practices such as prostate massage for maintaining prostate health. Please see Dr. Katz's Guide to PROSTATE HEALTH and the ongoing Columbia Medical School study using the Pro-State massagers for the symptomatic treatment of BPH.
- Based on doctor recommendations of prostate massage, the Aneros is effective in providing self-massage in privacy and with cleaner operation. The Aneros is offered as alternative therapy to promote a healthy, strong prostate and healthier lower tracts of the male body.
- Many middle-aged men have reported having restored sexual ability, with penile rigidity and stamina reminiscent of their youth. Many older men have reported they now wake up with an erection in the morning for the first times in decades.
- The Aneros restores a man's sexual ability by going straight to the source of a man's sexual power - the prostate. The Aneros is the only medically patented prostate massager available today that is safe as well as extremely effective.
- If you have an enlarged prostate - benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) or other medical condition involving the prostate or the penis , please consult your physician before embarking on any type of prostate massage treatment. For many conditions, the Aneros will be beneficial. For severe cases of BPH, only the SGX model is recommended as the larger models may be uncomfortable to use. Contact Aneros with specific questions.
Aneros usage in a partnered relationship may have adverse or beneficial consequences.
Potential adverse consequences :
- One partner may feel alienated, abandoned, unneeded or unwanted as a result of their partners singular usage of the Aneros.
- One partner may feel neglected due to their partners increased time separation.
- Relationship problems may develop as a consequence of addiction behaviors.
Potential beneficial consequences :
- Closer emotional bonds from sharing the intimacy of the experience.
- Opportunity to gain greater knowledge about their partners various erotic "hot spots"
- Enjoyment of watching their partner experience heightened pleasure states.
- Developing alternate techniques for stimulating and pleasuring their partner.
- A broad topic for maintaining and expanding dialogue and communication between partners.
- A better overall sexual relationship
- Once your are rewired all manner of new sensual experiences become available to you.
Usage of the Aneros can affect a man's psyche in various ways.
- There can be a dichotomy between the emotional states that a man may experience while using his massager. On one end of the spectrum, a man may experience feelings of lust at a raw, animalistic level. At the other end of the spectrum, he may experience feelings of deep transcendence of a spiritual nature. Both of these sets of feelings may occur during the same session.
- Usage of the Aneros can become very addictive. The problems associated with addictions and addictive behavior can manifest themselves in Aneros users just as easily as other forms of addiction.
- The learning process and training which leads to being "rewired" can have a profound impact on some men, others may experience only slight alterations to their cognitive processes. In any event the process does has a transformative effect on a man's thinking about himself and his world view.
- Like any sexual experience Aneros usage may bring to fore emotionally charged issues concerning sexual practices and even gender identification beliefs.
A frequently reported experience from Aneros users is the distortion of time. Many men have reported apparent lapses, gaps or blocks of time of which they have no recollection. It appears the pleasure generating aspect of Aneros usage interferes with a man's normal perception of the passage of time. For this reason you should plan sessions for periods when time constraints are not critical to other activities.
Sexual practices within the cultural, religious and legal contexts of our world are extremely diverse, confusing, ambiguous and occasionally irrational. Such conditions lead to widespread psychological issues surrounding sex practices and the ability to enjoy sexual relationships. This WIKI is not the place for persons suffering from sex related issues to have them resolved. Professional counseling by qualified therapists is recommended, one source for finding help is through AASECT.
The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists is a not-for-profit, interdisciplinary professional organization. In addition to sexuality educators, sexuality counselors and sex therapists, AASECT members include physicians, nurses, social workers, psychologists, allied health professionals, clergy members, lawyers, sociologists, marriage and family counselors and therapists, family planning specialists and researchers, as well as students in relevant professional disciplines. These individuals share an interest in promoting understanding of human sexuality and healthy sexual behavior. You can write to them at P.O. Box 1960, Ashland, Virginia – 23005-1960 or visit their web site at www.AASECT.org for further information.
Another web resource is The Sexual Health Network, dedicated to providing easy access to sexuality information, education, support, and other resources.
Here are some general suggestions to aid you in maintaining good anal-rectal health.
- Eat a diet rich in fiber with plenty of fruits and vegetables. This shortens colon transit time and promotes the passage of softer, bulkier stools that helps avoid straining and stretching of anal tissues. A fiber-rich diet is also thought to help prevent colon polyps and cancer as well as diverticular disease of the colon.
- Practice good bowel habits. Whenever possible answer nature's call promptly. This helps avoid compacting the rectum with larger, harder stools and allows the rectum to more consistently remain in its preferred state of being empty, and thus able to more easily sense distention with fecal material as it comes down from the colon, thus ultimately helping avoid constipation. A more consistently empty rectum is also more conducive to Aneros usage, often without the need for an enema. Also, when using the toilet for a bowel movement, avoid prolonged sitting such as to read and of course avoid straining if at all possible.
- Practice good anal hygiene. If you don't have a bidet consider using moistened tissue or Tucks pads, they clean better and are more comfortable than dry tissue. Also, If possible, arrange the morning's ritual, for example, to shower after having a bowel movement to allow for better cleansing of the anal area. Occasionally, and certainly if you feel some irritation there, apply a small amount of 1% hydrocortisone cream or Preparation H cream to the anus and just inside the anal canal, but without introducing it into the rectum.
- When necessary, use a stool softener or, if needed occasionally, a mild laxative to aid regularity. Don't use anything that makes you cramp and strain as this can worsen hemorrhoids. Psyllium seed husk such as in Metamucil powder or sometimes added as a component of bran cereals, helps maintain the passage of soft, cohesive stools that will often pass out of the rectum and anus cleanly. It's additionally felt that Psyllium lowers cholesterol but be aware it can increase intestinal gas production.
- Get your colon check-ups done on time. By age 50, you should have had a colonoscopy performed, earlier if there's a history of polyps or cancer of the colon in your family.
- Utilize the benefits of regular Aneros usage to prevent hemorrhoids.
A healthy well balanced diet will maintain a healthy well balanced body. A healthy well balanced body will maintain a healthy well balanced libido and sex life.
Certain dietary supplements have been suggested to promote a healthier sex life in general and male libido and arousal specifically, among these are the following :
- A diet with high doses of Fish Oil (Omega-3 complex fatty acids EPA and DHA) for heart health and libido enhancement.
- Zinc supplements for prostate health and semen production, it should be noted that there are limitations on the recommended dosage of no more than 50mg. per day. Zinc, while necessary for proper prostate health and functioning, is toxic at higher levels. You are cautioned to monitor your zinc intake to prevent toxic effects.
- Vitamin E (natural forms) has been shown to aid in the body's healing processes and some claim that it also promotes prostate health specifically.
- There are unsubstantiated claims for prostate benefits derived from the herb supplements Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) and Pygeum (Pygeum africanum), clinical tests are needed to yield proof of efficacy.
Drugs have a long and varied history when associated with sexual practices.
- Many physician prescribed medications can have adverse affects on a man's sex life by affecting libido and erectile functioning. The recent development of erectile dysfunction alleviating drugs such as Viagra, Levitra and Cialis has eased some of those issues, there is anecdotal evidence the usage of an Aneros massager can act in a similar manner without the potential drug side effects.
- Recreational drug usage associated with sex goes back to the beginnings of recorded history. The search for aphrodisiacsand various substances to enhance the sexual pleasure experience continues to this day. In the context of Aneros usage a few men have reported that certain psychoactive drugs have enhanced their ability to “cross-over” to the super-O. The drug most frequently mentioned is marijuana (cannabis sativa), another drug recently mentioned is diviner's sage (salvia divinorum). Aneros users should be aware that any drug that acts as a nervous system depressant is likely to negatively impact their ability to achieve a super-O, typical among these are the opiate based drugs and alcohol. Other psychotropic drugs or hallucinogens may also interfere with a man's ability to concentrate sufficiently to nurture the subtle sensations that lead to the Super-O. Likewise, nervous system stimulants may induce sensory overload sufficient to completely mask the subtle sensations. You should carefully consider the probable negative results of using these drugs in association with your Aneros massager, regardless of the moral, ethical or legal ramifications.
Physical exercise to maintain overall general health is strongly encouraged, especially aerobic exercises to strengthen breathing capacity and increase stamina.
Exercise of the pelvic floor muscles to improve muscle tone, strength and endurance has been shown to increase a man's enjoyment of sex. Regular use of the Aneros massager effectively accomplishes this exercise by actively exercising the primary muscles associated with the orgasmic response, the PC and sphincter muscles.
Kegel exercises to strengthen the PC muscles have long been recognized for their benefits to sexual functioning, they are equally beneficial for usage of your Aneros massager. Aneros owners may also wish to consider use of the "Pelvexiser-M"™ for additional training.
This recently developed prostate exercise may also be useful.
External massage of the pelvic area has been reported to be effective and enjoyable for maintaining prostate health, some prostate massage exercises are described below:
- External prostate massage.
- Abdominal peripheral prostate massage.
- Inner Thigh peripheral prostate massage.
- Anal peripheral prostate massage.
Men with healthy prostates need not be concerned about the safety of Aneros prostate massager usage. When used in accord with the manufacturers recommendations (no manual manipulation), your internal muscles provide all the movement and power necessary for the device to effectively, gently and safely massage your prostate. Prostate massage is not recommended for men with acute bacterial prostatitis, prostate cancer or related diseases of the prostate as there is a chance such massage can inflame or spread the disease to other parts of the body. Men suffering from Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) may be afforded symptomatic relief through regular Aneros practice, one should consult with their doctor before beginning such use.
There is consensus in the medical community that vigorous prostate massage should be avoided, this includes applying too much pressure to the gland and surrounding tissues. An often repeated axiom is to apply no more pressure to the prostate than you would rubbing your own eyeball. Excessive pressure may be not only painful but damaging as well.